A retaining wall can help to ensure that erosion does not happen on your property. It can also be used to create a very unique landscape. Retaining walls can be connected to other landscape structures or be free-standing.
At Dream Builders, we will help you to have the retaining wall of your landscaping dreams. We understand the importance of a well-designed landscape and can ensure that you will be very happy with your landscape design.
What You Should Know About Retaining Walls
There are several things that you should know about retaining walls before we begin the process of installing them.
- Materials Used: Retaining walls can be made with stones, timber, or bricks. We can use these materials to match what you want. Stones are often used with retaining walls as they add a rustic appeal. It is important to note that stones can be on the more expensive side.
- Budget: Each retaining wall will have a varying price. This will be due to the size of the wall being built, the time it will take, and what material is being used. You can speak with us and let us know what your budget is. We will be able to come up with ideas to work within your budget.
- Working with Us: When you work with us, we will ensure that not only is the wall aesthetically pleasing, it is also doing its job. The wall structure has to be sturdy to support the soil. It should be constructed with multiple layers of soil, and proper drainage should be ensured. If this is not done, water can collect in the retaining wall structure. Water collecting in the retaining wall will eventually make the retaining wall collapse. When you work with us, you will not have to worry about that ever happening. With years of experience, we know all the proper installation methods.
- Design Patterns: There are several different design patterns out there for retaining walls. You can choose to go for a more stylish look or a more unique one.
Retaining Wall Uses
You can use your retaining wall in several different ways beyond protecting your home from erosion.
- Seating: Turning your retaining walls into seating areas can allow you and your family to relax in your yard.
- Entertainment Areas: Using a retaining wall, you can create private entertaining areas that are defined from the rest of your property.
- Plants: One great way that you can use your retaining wall is to showcase your plants. You can sit your plants around the walls or even plant them.
Benefits of Retaining Walls
There are several different benefits of adding retaining walls for your property.
- Value: When you add a retaining wall, you will increase the value of your home.
- Versatile: Retaining walls can come in a wide variety of shapes and designs.
- Easy Care: Retaining walls will not have a lot of upkeep involved.
- Functional: They will help to drain water from the yard and make sure that your soil does not erode.
If you are in need of a retaining wall for your property and would like to learn more, please call us at Dream Builders today. We would be happy to show you several different designs for retaining walls today.